LinkTeachers.com (hereinafter, referred to as ‘Website’ or ‘We’ or ‘Us’ or ‘Our’) is an online networking platform targeted toward teachers and educators with the primary objective of enhancing their skills, productivity and efficiency through sharing and communication of ideas, experiences and achievements with community members.
This Policy is (and our privacy practices in pursuance thereof shall be) consistent with the relevant provisions contained under the Information Technology Act 2002 (as amended till date) (hereinafter, referred to as ‘Act’), Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 (hereinafter, referred to as ‘Rules’), and any other applicable laws, rules, regulations, byelaws, ordinances, etc.
By using this Website or any features thereof, you understand, acknowledge, and agree to the provisions contained in this Policy. In case you do not agree to any of the provisions contained hereunder, your sole remedy against the Website shall be to immediate cease any and all further use of this Website.
This Policy and the Terms of Service Agreement constitute complete legal agreement between us and the users of this Website.
1. Policy Amendment
- 1.1 This Policy, or any part thereof, may be amended at any time in our sole discretion.
- 1.2 We may notify any major amendment(s) to the Policy either through email to the registered members or through a prominent notice requesting your attention after you log in to your account on the Website.
- 1.3 All amendments to the Policy shall come into force immediately upon their posting on this page. You are, therefore, requested to visit this page often to remain updated about the latest amendments in the Policy.
- 2.1 This Website is meant for users who are eligible to enter into a legally binding contract under the applicable laws of India. Therefore, only users of, or above, the age of 18 years may use this Website. However, if you are above the age of 13 years, but below the age of 18 years, you may use the Website with the prior written consent of your guardian.
- 2.2 We do not collect any personally identifiable information from anyone below the age of thirteen (13) years. However, in case you have the knowledge that we are in possession of any personally identifiable information about a person below 13 years of age, kindly contact us for immediate corrective action, including deletion of such information from our computer network and servers.
3. Personal Information
- 3.1 Sensitive Personal Data or Information: We do not collect any Sensitive Personal Data or Information, as defined under Rule 3 of the Rules, from any user of this Website. All we require from you is an email and an associated password so that you may access the features and functionality of the Website. During the online registration process, we ask for your preferred password in order to allow secure access to the features of the Website that are reserved for the registered members of this Website (hereinafter, referred to as ‘Member Area’).
- 3.2 Personally Identifiable Information - Collection: In order to access Member Area on the Website, you are required to either fill and submit a short online Teachers Survey form or a direct signup form providing us the following information:
- 3.1.1 Your full name
- 3.1.2 E-mail address
- 3.1.3 Password
- 3.2.1 Gender
- 3.2.2 Marital status
- 3.2.3 Date of birth
- 3.2.5 Postal address
- 3.2.6 Phone number
- 3.2.7 Educational qualifications
- 3.2.8 Professional experience details
- 3.2.9 Details pertaining to professional achievements, if any; and
- 3.2.10 any projects, if executed
3.2 Once registered, we require the following details:
- 3.3 Personally Identifiable Information - Use: Your personally identifiable information is collected to provide you with timely, efficient, and personalised services (wherever required). Only that much personally identifiable information is collected as is absolutely necessary to provide you with efficient and timely services. More specifically:
- 3.3.1 Your email ID is used to verify and activate your account; help you to reset the password in case you forgot your login password; and to contact you regarding important communications, latest updates on the Website, fulfilling your requests, etc. Promotional emails are sent only to the subscribers who opted to receive such emails. You can opt-out of our mailing list if you do not want to receive emails from the Website by managing your account or by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link included in all our emails. However, we reserve the right to send important communications even if you have opted not to receive emails from the Website. Further, we do not send spam or unsolicited emails to anyone.
- 3.3.2 If you send an invitation to your friend to join the Website, we only collect the email ID of your friend so that we may send them a communication inviting them to visit and/or join the Website. However, your friend shall also have an option to request the removal of their email ID from our records.
- 3.3.3 All registered members of the Website may use Forums to post their messages for other members. Although all such messages are posted in real time, we reserve the right to moderate all such blog posts for compliance with our Terms of Service Agreement. We disclaim any liability in case any Forum post by any member of the Website compromises on the online privacy of any other member or any person whosoever.
- 3.3.4 We allow the option to sign in using your Facebook account details to help you stay connected with your network of friends on Facebook.
- 3.4 Personally Identifiable Information - Confidentiality: All the personally identifiable information we collect shall be kept confidential. However, we reserve the right to share such information, under appropriate burden of confidentiality, with trusted third party providers and/or suppliers/collaborators/partners/associates/agents etc. who work with us to provide you with efficient and timely services.
- 3.5 Personally Identifiable Information - Retention: We shall retain your personally identifiable information, or any part thereof, so collected through this Website for any length of time subject to (i) any maximum period mandated by any applicable law. or (b) our administrative expediency, whichever period expires later.
- 3.6 Personally Identifiable Information - Review: You can review and revise your personally identifiable information by managing your account in the Member Area.
4. Non-Personal Information
- 4.1 Non-Personally Identifiable Information - Collection: When you visit the Website, we collect certain non-personally identifiable information including, without limitation, the identity of browser used to access the Website, the Internet Protocol (IP) Address of your computer system, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), the operating system installed on your computer system, the number of times you visit different pages on the Website, your Website usage pattern, etc.
- 4.3 Non-Personally Identifiable Information - Use: Generally, the non-personally identifiable information is used to improve the layout and content of the Website, analyse the Website usage, and enhance your overall experience of using this Website.
- 4.4 Non-Personally Identifiable Information - Confidentiality: All the non-personally identifiable information we collect shall be kept confidential. However, we reserve the right to share such information, under appropriate burden of confidentiality, with trusted third party providers and/or suppliers/collaborators/partners/associates/agents etc. who work with us to provide you with efficient and timely services.
5. External Links
- 5.1 This Website may also contain links to third-party websites belonging to our promoters, affiliates, partners, agents, etc. We do not review, control or monitor the privacy practices and/or content of such third party websites. Your use of such third party linked websites is subject to the privacy policies and practices of these third party websites.
6. Data Protection
- 6.1 We rely on industry-standard secure technologies (128-Bit SSL) to protect the confidentiality and privacy of all the personally and non-personally identifiable information collected during the course of your interactions with this Website. Besides, we have also deployed certain physical and procedural safeguards to ensure that only authorised personnel have access to the data so collected from the users of this Website. However, we cannot guarantee 100% data protection in the wake of ever-evolving technology.
7. Disclosure of Information
- 7.1 The provisions contained in this Policy shall not be applicable under any of the following circumstances:
- 7.2.1 Disclosure to any of the government agencies in compliance with our legal obligations; or
- 7.2.2 Any unlawful or unauthorised access to, and transmissions of, personally identifiable information from the Website; or
- 7.2.3 Disclosure of any information by the user himself/herself on any online or offline medium, including without limitation, message boards, public forums, blogs, social networking sites, etc.; or
- 7.2.4 Disclosure of such information as an asset on account of sale, part sale, merger, acquisition of this Website to a third party or similar arrangement, which requires such disclosure to a third party; or
- 7.2.5 Disclosure in order to enforce Our Terms of Service Agreement; or
- 7.2.6 Disclosure to internal or external auditors appointed by us in order to investigate the complaints of fraud, irregularities, etc.
8. Contact Us
- 8.1 In case you still have any privacy concerns, you may contact us at email@example.com.