LinkTeachers.com (hereinafter, referred to as ‘Website’ or ‘We’ or ‘Us’ or ‘Our’) is an online networking platform targeted toward teachers and educators with the primary objective of enhancing their skills, productivity and efficiency through sharing and communication of ideas, experiences and achievements with community members.
By using any of the services or features offered on the Website, you agree to abide by the provisions contained in this Terms of Service Agreement (hereinafter, referred to as ‘Agreement’). This Agreement is a legal document outlining the rights and liabilities of the parties mentioned herein, and in case of breach of any of the provisions contained hereunder, we reserve the right to take any action against the infringing user in accordance with the relevant applicable law, including without limitation, suspension and possible termination of the registered account of the infringing user without notice.
In case you do not agree to any of the provisions contained hereunder, your sole remedy against the Website shall be to immediate cease any and all further use of this Website.
- 1.1 This Website is meant for users who are eligible to enter into a legally binding contract under the applicable laws of India. Therefore, only users of, or above, the age of 18 years may use this Website. However, if you are above the age of 13 years, but below the age of 18 years, you may use the Website with the prior written consent of your guardian.
- 1.2 You may not promote/exhibit any kind of obscenity on the Website either directly or indirectly; and your use of the Website shall not violate any applicable law, byelaw, rule or regulation.
- 1.3 We reserve the right to accept or reject the application from any user to register on the Website.
- 2.1 There is no fee to register on the Website, and use the features and functionality provided therein. However, we reserve the right to charge for any services being offered or any future services to be offered by the Website and to change such fees from time to time in our sole discretion.
3. Member Account
- 3.1 Every registered member of the Website is assigned a unique username and an associated password. You shall be solely responsible and liable –
- 3.1.1 for maintaining the confidentiality of your password;
- 3.1.2 for any disclosure of your password to any third party;
- 3.3.3 for using the account of another member;
- 3.3.4 for all uses of your account, whether authorised or unauthorised; and
- 3.3.5 to notify us immediately, if you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or access to your password.
4. Non-Commercial Use
- 4.1 Only personal and non-commercial use of the Website, and its features, is permissible. Commercial use of the Website includes, without limitation, collecting usernames and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website, commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation.
- 4.2 Any commercial use of the Website may lead to (a) termination of the account of infringing member; and/or (b) any other permissible action(s) including, without limitation, legal proceedings against the infringing member.
- 5.1 You are given a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-assignable license to use this Website and its features subject to the provisions contained herein. You users expressly undertake not to copy, sell, trade, or otherwise commercially exploit the content and services offered by this Website.
6. Ownership of Content
- 6.1 We do not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively hereinafter referred to as ‘Content’) posted by the members to the Website. After posting the Content, the member continues to retain all the ownership rights in such Content, and shall have the right to use that Content in any manner whatsoever.
- 6.2 By posting any Content on the Website, you hereby grant us a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty free, sub-licensable license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through the Website.
- 6.3 The Website also carries its own proprietary Content. Such Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws relating to the Intellectual Property. We own and retain all rights in our proprietary Content. We further grant you a limited, revocable, non-sub-licensable license to reproduce and display our proprietary Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Website and using the features thereof.
7. Community Guidelines
- 7.1 LinkTeachers Community is meant to help, inform and interact with other members of the Website. As in the real world, the online community also expects a respectful demeanor from the members of the Website. LinkTeachers Community encourages free and fair communication amongst all its members. We abide by and profess the following guiding principles:
- 7.1.1 Individuality of members
- 7.1.2 The creation of an open environment that enables our members to communicate freely
- 7.1.3 Such communication must not be in the nature of something that could offend fellow members
- 7.1.4 Mutual respect should not only be professed, every member must practice it
- 7.2 The following Content may result in immediate post removal, warning, and/or membership suspension. Other inappropriate Content not listed below may also warrant similar action from the site:
- 7.2.1 Posting material containing profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, or threats.
- 7.2.2 Posting material (text or multimedia) that is obscene, pornographic or mature in content.
- 7.2.3 Posting items that violate the Intellectual Property Rights (including copyrights) of a third party.
- 7.2.5 Posting material with an intent to impersonate another member or any third person through the use of similar IDs or any other method or device.
- 7.2.6 Trying to impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent member’s affiliation with a person or entity.
- 7.2.7 Encouraging others to violate Website policies or this Agreement.
- 7.2.8 Advertising merchandise, listings, services or commercial websites, including the offers to trade, or charitable solicitations.
- 7.2.9 Posting material that in any way violates this Agreement or any other applicable law.
- 7.2.10 Posting member ID's in a derogatory manner.
- 7.2.11 Inappropriate threads started in Community Help Board.
- 7.2.12 Discussion or reposting of deleted posts or discussion of those that who are no longer registered members.
- 7.3 We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates this clause 7, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Website and terminating the membership of such violators.
- 7.4 Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the receiver member of any message on the Website may report any offensive message through “Report Abuse” feature, if the receiver feels offended by such message. The sender member of such message shall, then, be informed about the abuse report and called upon to justify the message, or in the alternative, resolve the issue. In case, upon internal inquiry, it is found that the message was indeed offensive or the sender member fails to resolve the issue with the receiver member, the membership of the sender member may be suspended pending resolution or terminated if the issue is not resolved within a reasonable period of time.
8. Copyright Policy
- 8.1 We respect the Intellectual Property Rights of the Rights holders and encourage the members and the users of this Website to accord due respect to the Rights of the Rights holders. Any material infringing on the copyrights of any other person is strictly prohibited from being posted on the Website. Any member found compromising on the strict Copyright Policy is liable for termination of their account.
9. General Terms
- 9.1 You are expressly prohibited from spreading technological nuisances, like viruses, Trojans, worms, or other programs intended to damage, destroy, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data or personal information on other computer systems.
- 9.2 The users of this Website are also expressly prohibited from resorting to personal attacks, negative or unfair criticism or other forms of discourteous and unprofessional online conduct or practices. Further, any illegal act, including but not limited to, pornography in general, child pornography, defamation, profanity, etc. is strictly prohibited from being transmitted or propagated through any of the features provided on this Website. We reserve the right to remove such content from the Website at any time without any notice to anyone.
- 9.3 Once a user account is suspended or terminated for violation of any clause of this Agreement, such user is prohibited from opening a new account on the Website.
10. General Disclaimers
- 10.1 We shall not be liable for any unauthorized access of your account by anyone.
- 10.2 We shall not be liable to keep your account details updated and current on the Website.
- 10.3 The user posted Content may relate to diverse matters, the authenticity and accuracy of which is not guaranteed by the Website. Users relying on such information do so at their own risk.
- 10.4 The profiles created and posted by the members on the Website may contain links to other websites. We shall not be responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such linked websites, and such linked websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness.
- 10.5 We shall not be responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user and/or member communications.
- 10.6 Inclusion of any linked website on LinkTeachers.com does not imply approval or endorsement of such linked website by us. When you access these third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for third party advertisements that are posted on this Website, nor do we take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by the advertisers.
- 10.7 We shall not be responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website.
- 10.8 Under no circumstances shall we be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Website, attendance at a Website-sponsored event, from any Content posted on or through the Website, or from the conduct of any user of the Website, whether online or offline.
- 10.9 The Website is provided on an “as is and as available” basis and we disclaim any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
- 10.10 We cannot and do not guarantee any specific results from use of the Website or any features thereof.
- 10.11 The general content of this Website is informative in nature, and not in the advisory context.
- 11.1 You agree to indemnify and hold the Website and its affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Website, your use of the Website, your connection to the Website, your violation of this Agreement, your violation of any rights of another, or any other loss suffered by the Website on account of your direct or indirect conduct.
12. Limitation of Liability
- 12.1 EXCEPT IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE SUCH PROVISIONS ARE RESTRICTED, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY FEATURES THEREOF, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO THE WEBSITE DURING THE TERM OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP.
13. Limitation of Liability
- 13.1 Our failure to enforce any right or to act with respect to any breach by a user of any clause(s) of this Agreement shall not be construed as waiver of that right nor waives our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- 14.1 If any provision contained herein is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a competent legal authority, such provision shall be struck off and the remaining provisions remain enforceable.
- 15.1 All the disputes arising out of or related to this Agreement, or the members’ relationship with Website shall be subject to the laws applicable in, and courts located at the Union Territory of Chandigarh, India.
16. Modifications and Updates
- 16.1 This Agreement is subject to updates and modifications at any time in our sole discretion.
- 16.2 We may notify any major amendment(s) to the Agreement either through email to the registered members or through a prominent notice requesting your attention after you log in to your account on the Website.
- 16.3 All amendments to the Policy shall come into force immediately upon their posting on this page. You are, therefore, requested to visit this page often to remain updated about the latest amendments in the Policy.
- 16.4 Your continued use of this Website signifies your implied acceptance to the amended Terms of Service Agreement.
17. Contact Us
- 17.1 In case you still have any concerns about this Agreement, you may contact us at email@example.com.